This week's painting class at Frank Joubert was rather challenging. It mainly involved mixing primary colours to form a neutral grey.
It takes a lot of backwards and forwardsing of adding a bit of this colour, a bit of that colour, and so on and so forth. I managed to get a grey, but it kept either tending towards a yellow/grey or a blue/grey.
The image I found to paint as my first picture was this one. It's going to be a bit of a challenge but it could look really cool when finished. As you can see from the second image, I didn't get very far with my underpainting as I spent most of the time struggling with getting a grey.